HERE'S WHERE YOUR TRAINING BEGINS
• Handgun Cleaning Course (2 hours) $35
We help walk the student through the disassembly and reassembly of their pistol while teaching proper cleaning methods and tools.
• F.A.S.T. Course (15 hours total)
This is our Youth Firearms And Safety Training program for developing tomorrow’s protectors (our youth ages 13-18).
The 4 Phases of training includes:
Phase 1: The official NRA SIMCO (Pistol Marksmanship Course) (4 hours) $35
Phase 2: Virtual Range time (and games) to reinforce safe gun handling skills (4 hours) $35
Phase 3: Basic Defensive Tactics course (3 hours) $35
Phase 4: And finishing with our live-fire Level 1 Part 2 CCW Defensive Handgun course (4 hours) $75
- No age requirements for Phases 1-3.
- Must successfully complete Phase 1 to take Phase 2.
- Must successfully complete Phases 1-3 to take Phase 4 and students must be ages 13-17.
• Bare Bones Concealed Carry Tactics (2 hours) $25
- This is conducted indoors on our cutting-edge Virtual Range.
- We are able to practice the technical aspects of using a Concealed Carry Firearm without shooting a single bullet.
- Our system provides instant feedback how the shooter controlled the pistol while squeezing the trigger.
- Receive professional instruction on everything from proper fit of gun, types of holsters, holster placement, stance, drawing from concealment, drawing from purse, and of course accuracy.
• Handgun 101 (2 ½ hours) $50
- We call this our “Handgun for Dummy’s Beginners” Course.
- It’s an abbreviated version of our Level 1 Part 1 and our Bare Bones Concealed Carry Tactics courses combined.
- If you can’t break free for 4 hours to do the Level 1 Part 1, this 2 ½-hour course is a great introduction to gun handling
• Level 1 Part 1 CCW / Defensive Handgun Legal Seminar (4 hours) $75
This is the 1st half of our 8-hour Level 1 Basic CCW / Defensive Handgun Course
- Detailed legal seminar regarding the Use of Force and the “Castle Doctrine”
- Safe gun handling and the fundamentals of shooting
- Unless you are Law Enforcement (active or retired) this is a prerequisite for our Level 1 Part 2
- Also available online as an Educational Video Seminar
• Level 1 Part 2 CCW / Defensive Handgun Shooting Course (4 hours) $75
This is the 2nd half of our 8-hour Level 1 Basic CCW / Defensive Handgun Course
- Starts by continuing with the basic fundamentals learned in Level 1 Part 1
- Beginning with Airsoft guns in the warmer weather or Lasers in inclement weather
- Finishing with conducting these basic fundamentals using live fire drills
- Certificate issued upon completion of this course
- Satisfies CCW Firearms Training as prescribed by multiple states
- Unless you are Law Enforcement (active or retired) this is a prerequisite for our Level 2
• Level 2 CCW / Defensive Handgun Course (4 hours) $110
Continues with reinforcing the safe gun handling skills and the techniques learned in Level 1.
- Drawing from a holster unconcealed, then concealed
- Covers techniques required to fix basic malfunctions
- Finishes with drawing from concealment, moving, shooting, scanning, and re-holstering (just like you do on the street)
• Level 3 Advanced Firearm Skills Course (4 hours) $110
You will be drawing your CCW from concealment, shooting, moving to/from cover, scanning for more threats and safely/reluctantly re-holstering.
- First of our “Advanced” courses
- Methodology of properly utilizing cover
- Identifying and fixing malfunctions on the move
- Understanding and addressing Cardinal Rule #4
- Target, backstop and beyond
- Utilizing Target/Threat identification
• Level 4 Advanced Firearm Skills Course (4 hours) $125
This course focuses on cognitive drills to make you think while shooting on the move.
- Real-world training in real-world scenarios
- Engaging 3D targets reactionary targets
- Identifying shoot and no-shoot situations
- Shooting from various position on the ground and getting up
- Drawing and shooting from inside a vehicle
- The final exam (hint: from concealed carry, 2 rounds on an 18”x12” steel IPSC target in less than 2.5 seconds)
• Level 5 Basic Room Entry/Clearing (4 hours) $150
We'll cover the basic concepts of how to walk through doors, enter rooms and clear corners to enable you to evacuate from a disaster situation.
- Basic CQB (Close Quarters Battle)
- Tactics and techniques for clearing rooms or exiting active shooter situations
- Utilizing a 360 Degree live-fire shoot house for entries and shoot/no-shoot scenarios
• Couples Only Course (3 hours) $150 per couple
We call this "Marriage Counseling with a gun."
- Fun but practical concepts
- Scenario based exercises with some force on force (Airsoft) drills
- Learn to Shoot, Move and Communicate with your spouse while they're actually shooting real bullets right beside you
• Retired LEOSA & MPOETC re-certification $35
- For Retired law enforcement officer (Title 18 §926C) annual re-certifications
- Utilizes the standard RLEIA qualification course
- For House of Worship security teams re-certifications as well
• Graduate Program
Our goal is to equip and empower the law-abiding armed citizen through quality education and training. Our Graduate program allows students who have successfully completed a course to come back and retake it for just a $35 Range Fee to brush up their skills under professional instruction. It's also a way to better your score as you work towards achieving the "Distinguished Graduate Reward."
Last but certainly not least, is our DG program.
- If you score 95% or higher on Level's 1 -4, AND
- If you successfully complete the Steel Standards at the end
The Sheepdog Project will give you a FREE Lifetime Patriot Membership to Front Sight Firearms Training Institute out in Las Vegas, Nevada. This membership includes over $9000 worth of shooting course at their amazing facility.
ALL COURSES ARE CONDUCTED AT ALTRA FIREARMS IN JACKSON CENTER, PA UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE