Level 5 – Advanced Firearms Skills Course
A prerequisite for this course is that you have graduated from our Level 4 with a minimum score of 85%.
During this course, you will put into practice the skills and techniques previously learned but in real-world situations. You are going to challenge yourself with shooting from various platforms and positions. We will utilize the 360-degree shooting pit to it’s fullest capabilities by having you moving and shooting in various directions.
You will be engaging 3D targets on the move while identifying shoot and no-shoot situations. Reactionary targets will present various challenges you will need to properly deal with. This will be a physical and a mental challenge for you in order to gain exposure to real-world scenarios while in a controlled environment. Furthermore, you will be accessing your pistol and putting it into action while seat belted in a vehicle. You will quickly learn why placement of your CCW is critical in those situations.
If you are in a fight and knocked to the ground, you need to assume a defensive posture. You will learn how to draw gun while on your back, and shoot while getting back to your feet.
This course finishes with the “Steel Plate Challenge”. From concealment, you will step, draw and shoot 2 rounds on a 12″ x 18″ steel plate that is 7 yards away in less than 2.5 seconds. Complete this, along with obtaining a 95% or higher on each of our courses and you will have earned the “Distinguished Graduate Reward“.
At the completion of this course, you will be confident and competent with your gun handling skills and have a much better understanding of how to prepare yourself for a deadly force encounter.
Here’s what you are going to need for this course:
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Hat with a brim (ball cap or Boonie style hat will suffice)
- Concealed Carry Pistol
- Minimum of 2 magazines (or speed loaders for revolvers) more is better
- Holster – WORN AS YOU WEAR IT ON THE STREET.
- Minimum of 225 bullets for the caliber gun you are using
- A garment to conceal your firearm with (i.e. Shirt or jacket)
- Ladies, please be sure to wear a full length t-shirt or tank top as a base layer if you plan on wearing a t-shirt or sweatshirt for concealment.
- Fluid to stay hydrated
- We will be outside for this entire course. Please check the weather and dress appropriately (NO OPEN TOE SHOES / SANDALS PERMITTED)