Level 3 – Advanced Firearms Skills Course
During this course of training, students continue to enhance and refine their previously learned skills from our Level 2 Course. (Graduation from our Level 2 is required prior to taking this course.) You will be challenging yourself moving from various positions while shooting and practicing Cardinal Rule # 4! Life doesn’t happen on a “flat range” and neither does this course.
You will learn the difference between cover and concealment and how to effectively use them to your advantage. You will also, continue to refine your ability to shoot with your strong, and assist hand as well as clearing malfunctions with both.
Unlike the Skills Evaluations in our previous course, the time is shorter and can count against you in our Advanced courses. You need to be able to smoothly unholster from concealment to reduce the time it takes to place effective rounds on the threat in front of you.
At the completion of this course, you will have a solid understanding of your gun handling skills during a deadly force encounter.
Here’s what you are going to need for this course:
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Hat with a brim (ball cap or Boonie style hat will suffice)
- Concealed Carry Pistol
- Minimum of 2 magazines (or speed loaders for revolvers) more is better
- Holster – WORN AS YOU WEAR IT ON THE STREET.
- Minimum of 225 bullets for the caliber gun you are using
- A garment to conceal your firearm with (i.e. Shirt or jacket)
- Ladies, please be sure to wear a full length t-shirt or tank top as a base layer if you plan on wearing a t-shirt or sweatshirt for concealment.
- Fluid to stay hydrated
- We will be outside for this entire course. Please check the weather and dress appropriately (NO OPEN TOE SHOES / SANDALS PERMITTED)