Level 3 – CCW Defensive Handgun Course (Previously called our Level 2)
This is a live-fire course that is to put into action the skills you learned in our Level 1 & 2 Courses. (Graduation from our Level 2 is required unless active or retired Law Enforcement.) Additionally, you will be incorporating new skills particular to Concealed Carry. We start slow with some basic drills to refresh the techniques previously learned. Then we learn how to properly draw your firearm; from concealment, moving, delivering accurate shots, scanning and re-holstering when safe to do so. This is how we carry on the street, and it’s how we’re going to train on the range. Our team of retired Law Enforcement & Military professionals will teach you the techniques like no one else around can.
There will be a Skills Evaluation at the end of this course.
Don’t own a pistol yet? No worries
If you don’t own a pistol yet, no need to run out and buy one for this course. We offer the ALTRA Package, which includes everything you will need. We will properly “fit” you with one of our pistols that you can “try before you buy” for use during our course. Just be sure to add the ALTRA Package to your cart and let us know if your are right handed or left.
Here’s what you’ll need for this course:
- Eye Protection (unless you’ve purchase the ALTRA PACKAGE from us)
- Hearing Protection (unless you’ve purchase the ALTRA PACKAGE from us)
- Hat with a brim (ball cap or Boonie style hat will suffice)
- Concealed Carry Pistol (unless you’ve purchase the ALTRA PACKAGE from us)
- No Cowboy Single Action Pistols permitted
- Minimum of 2 magazines (or speed loaders for revolvers) (unless you’ve purchase the ALTRA PACKAGE from us)
- Holster to be worn on a sturdy belt on your strong-side hip (unless you’ve purchase the ALTRA PACKAGE from us)
- NO SMALL OF BACK, CROSS DRAW OR SHOULDER HOLSTERS PERMITTED
- Minimum of 200 bullets for the caliber gun you are using (unless you’ve purchase the ALTRA PACKAGE from us)
- Fluid to stay hydrated
- We will be outside for this entire course. Please check the weather and dress appropriately (NO OPEN TOE SHOES / SANDALS PERMITTED)
CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO OUR UPCOMING COURSES